Skip to main content
Support > Health Care

Health Care


In Ontario, there is high quality HIV medical care available. If you are new to Ontario, you can access health care through your private insurance, the Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP), the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), or the Ontario Temporary Health Program, depending on your immigration status (e.g., immigrant, refugee, student, permanent resident, or visitor).

If you are not entitled to public health care coverage, you may be able to access health care by going to a community health centre free of charge. To find a community health centre near you, click here.

Important: In Ontario, health care is confidential under the Personal Health Information Act. If you want to learn more about service providers’ privacy and confidentiality policies, you can ask the healthcare provider themselves. Read up on the policy here or contact HALCO. You can also contact the HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO) for advice on accessing health care.