Skip to main content
Support > Immigration



The Canadian immigration and refugee system can be complicated and confusing for people living with HIV. It is normal to feel worried and confused about the immigration process and how being HIV-positive might impact your application to visit, study, work, or live in Canada.

In Ontario, the HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO) offers free legal advice and information about immigration to people with HIV. To get help or talk to a lawyer about HIV and your immigration status, contact HALCO at 416-340-7790 or 1-888-705-8889 (toll-free in Ontario).

You can also get information from your local AIDS service organization (ASO). To find an ASO and other HIV/AIDS programs near you, contact the Ontario AIDS and Sexual Health InfoLine. For information in English and many other languages call: 416-392-2437 or 1-800-668-2437 (toll-free in Ontario), and for French call: 1-800-267-7432 (toll-free in Ontario). The InfoLine is free and anonymous.

In Ontario, you can dial 211 on your phone or visit 211 Ontario to find an ASO and other HIV/AIDS programs in your city or town. Use your location to find services near you. You can also visit HIV 411 and search for an ASO using your postal code, or the name of your city or town.